After ITA Documents for Canada Immigration

After ITA Documents for Canada Immigration

List of Documents After Invitation To Apply (ITA)

After you receive ITA, you have to log in to your Express Entry Profile, and you will have two options.

  • You Continue the Application
  • You Decline the Invitation

You will only have 60 days to submit your PR application electronically with all supporting documents. 60 days start from the day you get the ITA, if you feel that you will not be able to arrange all the documents in 60 days, you can decline the ITA any time before the expiry of 60 days and you will be back in the pool. In case you decline your ITA, then you will be eligible to be invited again provided you meet the CRS cut-off requirement.


  1. Birth Certificate that lists both parents 

  2. Passports 

  3. Education and training Credentials

  4. Work Experience- Minimum 30 Hours (42 hours in the case of Nepal).

  1.  Proof of employment- Submit letters of reference and proof of employment for each job position you have listed for the point assessment grid. Letters of reference from your Supervisor or Human Resources Officer must be printed on company letterhead.

Each letter of reference should indicate the following:

  • Your job position and dates of employment;

  • Your main duties and responsibilities*;

  • The number of hours you worked each week;

  • A brief company description (nature of the business, industry, and operations);

  • The name, signature, and direct contact information of your supervisor or manager (including email address matching the company domain and telephone number); and

  • The physical location of the company.

Each letter of reference for each job position must be accompanied by one additional government-issued document showing proof of employment. Acceptable Government issued documents:

  • Pension fund/Provident funds, medical Insurance, or social security record.

  • Work permits, work visas, or labor cards for any foreign work experience.

  • Employment contracts.

  • Taxation Forms, Taxation Exempt (Tax-Free) forms, or Income Tax Return Acknowledgement (ITR) forms.

  • Any other government-issued documentation that may assist in verifying your work experience.

Suppose you are unable to provide government-issued proof of employment because no such documents are available from the country where the work experience was obtained. In that case, each letter of reference for each job position must be accompanied by the following:

  • Employer-issued employment contracts.

  • Proof of salary (including pay slips/cheques and bank statements that show corresponding payment deposits). 

  1. Language Credentials


 Proof of Funds (also referred to as Settlement Funds)

You must submit proof that you have funds that will support your household during your employment search after you arrive. The minimum amount required for your application is based on the size of your family. You must have the "Minimum Funds Required" for a minimum of three months before you submit your application. You must also meet the Minimum Funds Required when you apply for permanent residency after getting ITA or nomination by the

and throughout the permanent residency process.

Proof of funds must be attached to your application. They must:

  • be official letters, official statements, and/or certificates from one or more financial institutions.

  • have been maintained at least 3 months before submitting your application and maintained throughout the entire immigration process.

  • be in the name of the principal applicant and/or spouse only.

Fund statements must show a detailed transaction history for at least three months before the date your application is submitted and must include the type of currency, the fund holder's name, the contact information of the financial institution, account numbers, transactions, and balances.

All documents not issued in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

To determine whether settlement funds are sufficient, the account must show that when the account was at its lowest amount, it met the settlement requirement for the size of the household.

The following funds will be accepted:

  • Personal chequing or savings accounts

  • Bonds

  • Cash value life insurance

  • Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs) or Certificates of Deposit

  • Mutual Funds

  • Provident Funds (an official letter from the provident fund organization indicating the number of funds that are accessible is required)

  • Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs)

  • Stocks

  • Tax-Free Savings Accounts (TFSAs)

  • Term deposits and time deposits (must be valid at the time of application and remain valid throughout the entire application process)

  • Treasury Bills

Debentures, credit cards, lines of credit, gold, cash, property, or businesses are not accepted as settlement funds.

8. Settlement Plan

You need to attach a settlement plan to your application. You must use the IRCC Living In Canada tool to create your settlement plan.

The Living in Canada tool is intended for general guidance and reference only. The answers you provide will be used to provide you with resources and services that can help you plan for residency in any province. If you are living outside of Canada, to use the Living in Canada tool to create a settlement plan, you must select "No, I applied but am still waiting" when asked, "Has IRCC approved your application to come to Canada?"

After you answer the questions, the Living in Canada Tool will create "Your settlement plan." You can print or email the plan to yourself from that page to attach it to your application.

9. Close Relative in any Province (if applicable)

A close relative is:

  • A sister or brother;

you must provide the following from the family member:

  • Relation certificate 

  • A copy of the relative's Canadian permanent resident or citizenship card, or Canadian passport;

  • Proof that they have been living in Province for the past twelve months and are financially independent:

    • Utility bills from the past twelve months, or a city or town office. (We will not accept telephone, cellular, or cable bills);

    • Province Health Card or Province's driver's license;

    • Proof that the family member is a registered tenant of a Province address (a lease agreement and rental receipts or proof of ownership). Include the names of other occupants at this address and their relationship to them; and

    • Proof of receipt of income for the past three months.

Close family members can support one application at a time (one household can support one application at a time). If your close family member is already supporting an application, they can’t support your application until the nominee they are supporting has lived and worked in the selected Province for six months. Your application will need to include documentation from your close relative regarding their previously supported applicant.

The documentation should show that the supported nominee has settled in Province, and should include:

  • Proof of Permanent Resident status or Canadian Citizenship:

    • Canadian permanent resident card; or

    • Canadian citizenship card; or

    • Canadian passport.

  • Proof that they've been living and working in the Province for the past six months:

    • Utility bills from the past six months; a city or town office (the Province will not accept telephone, cellular, or cable bills);

    • Province's Health Card or Province's driver's license;

    • Proof that they're a registered tenant of a Province's address (a lease agreement and rental receipts or proof of ownership) and names of other occupants at this address plus their relationship to them; and

    • Proof of employment during the past six months (include copies of paystubs or a letter from their employer confirming work). This letter should be on company letterhead.

The Province may also ask for more information or documents as needed.

Recent comments(0)

Please, Sign In to leave a reply